Thursday, September 22, 2005

I Sued the State!

Whooooo-hooooo! I sued the state of NC and I am going to kick their collective butts! Well, to be honest the entire Libertarian Party of NC is suing, but I made sure my name is on there first. Bartlett v Haugh, has a nice ring to it, doncha think?

You can read an AP newswire story here.

I think this feeling is even better than when I got to vote for myself for US Senate.

The lawsuit is so far-reaching that even I am still discovering all the consequences. Our attorney Michael Crowell and his staff have put together an argument brilliant and elegant in its simplicity, one that will shake NC election law to its core.

Basically what we have today is one set of laws with extra special rights for Democrats and Republicans and another set with ridciulous burdens and barriers for everybody else. If you look at the NC Consititution, espcially where it talks about how all elections shall be free, and again where it says all people get equal protection under the law, it's obvious that this cannot be tolerated.

What we have right now is a system run by and for the benefit of two political parties, while the truth is that political parties should only be instruments for the people to use to freely associate and maximize their own participation in our elections.

I'm just so excited!!! We're suing the state and we're going to win! We have the best lawyers in the state and a strong and simple argument that can only be denied by corruption and oppression.

I sued the state!!! Whoooo-hooooo !!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a shorter version in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Hope it goes well for you.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Disgusting! As a full time former professional communist troublemaker. I am shocked that the Demo's and Repubs have kept you off the ballot, since they both proclaim to be fair and balance in a freedom loving Iraqi religious constitution. Damn! I have been watching Foxx too much.

Your coverage was much more than you suspected in the mainstream and national media.

MAX

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home