Monday, May 22, 2006

Who is running for LNC?

With about a month to go to the convention, the list of announced candidates for the national committee is pretty light. I know of four candidates for Chair. Michael Dixon is running for reelection, being challenged by Ernest Hancock, George Phillies and Bill Redpath. There's a rumor that M Carling is running for Vice Chair. Treasurer Mark Nelson told me at the last LNC meeting that he will stand for another term to see through the issues regarding our relationship with the FEC. And yesterday I received an email from Michael Colley that while he cannot attend the convention he would consent to being reelected to his at large seat.

Who else is running? Will we only find out at the convention? If you are running or know of anyone else who is, please leave a comment or drop me a line. Thanks!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Via Hammer of Truth, Angela Keaton has announced she's running for an at-large position. She is an "anarchist's anarchist, Baby" and believes the LP is for radicals.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am running for Vice-Chair. See my ad in the LP News.

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While weekend surfing for "Dallas Accord" I came across this 2001 August 18 Strategic Plan proposal for the LP/LNC:
http://www.dehnbase.org/lpus/library/spt/report-20010818.pdf
Since I haven't followed LNC business until recently, I don't even know if this plan was approved, attempted to be implemented, revised, or updated.

I'd be interested in LNC candidates' thoughts on this plan or its successor, if any.

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I am running. If you can find another libertarian who has managed a non-profit, has a law degree and somehow managed to milk five years of on air time for the movement, vote for that person. Otherwise, "anonymous" is stuck with the "anarchist's anarchist."

Angela Keaton
P.S. The Dallas Accord works for me too, kids.

P.P.S. Daniel, drop me a line and we will chat via cell.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home