Saturday, August 06, 2005

Zero Dues passes

Just a quick headline from today's meeting while sitting at a hotel computer for $3.95 for 15 minutes. Hope to have time for more soon.

A version of Zero Dues passed at today's LNC meeting. The vote was divided into four parts, but all parts passed. The main part passed 8-7-1. Dues end 1/1/06, UMP begins phase out 9/30/05. This from memory, I'll have more to say when I'm reunited with my notes.

Also, the Executive Committee resolution to suspend work until the database was fixed was rescinded by a unanimous voice vote. This came after Shane Cory reported that all but one part of the LNC demands were met, and the rest would be complete by month's end.

Staff and LNC made nice, both looking for ways to communicate and move forward together. Much time spent in Executive Session on FEC compliance issues, which apparently are still unresolved.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erorr correction (I phoned Sean and Lee): UMP phase out starts _this_ year not _next_ year.

8:23 PM  
Blogger genushaha said...

Thanks George, I've corrected my typo.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sean,

Thanks for the email, wish I was there but the wallet would not allow it. I will be at the Baltimore Meeting in the fall, so I'll see you there.

Looking forward to see the detailed report and mucho thanks!!!! :D

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, thanks a ton, Sean. We appreciate your efforts (and the expense) of keeping us informed.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home